Dr. Yag-Howard is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon who specialize in skin cancer surgery and facial aesthetics applying the principles she understands as an artist to achieve beautiful cosmetic results. She is in solo private practice in Naples, Florida, where she and her husband, Corey Howard, MD, FACP, live with their three children and three dogs.
Dr. Yag-Howard received her undergraduate degree from Duke University and her medical degree from the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, where she did her residency in dermatology and served as Chief Resident. She now is a member of the volunteer clinical faculty at USF.
Since 1990, Dr. Yag-Howard has been an active member of the AMA serving as a delegate of the American Academy of Dermatology and Co-Chair of the entire Dermatology Section Council. She is current Chair of the AMA Council on Constitution and Bylaws. She has also served as Chair of the AMA Specialty and Service Society that includes more than 120 medical specialties, Chair of the House Compensation Committee, Chair of the Rules and Credentials Committee and Chair of the Reference Committee on Legislation.
Within the American Academy of Dermatology, Dr. Yag-Howard has served as Chair of the Nominating Committee, Chair of the Organizational Structure Committee and charter Chair of the Leadership Training Committee. She also created the AAD Young Physician Committee, which was modeled after the AMA’s Young Physician Section. In 2011, 2014 and 2015 she was the recipient of the prestigious American Academy of Dermatology Presidential Citation Award.
Dr. Yag-Howard is author of multiple articles on dermatologic surgical techniques and is on the Editorial Board of Dialogues in Dermatology as well as a contributing editor for the peer-reviewed journal Dermatologic Surgery. She also lectures nationally on surgical techniques and methods to improve the surgical outcomes.
Dr. Yag-Howard is a member of the following organizations:
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Medical Association Foundation (AMAF)
- American Medical Association Political Action Committee (AMPAC)
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- American Academy of Dermatology Association (AADA)
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS)
- American Society for Mohs Surgery (ASMS)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- Dermatology Foundation (DF)
- American Dermatological Association (ADA)
- Noah Worcester Dermatologic Society (NWDS)
- American Academy of Dermatology Association Political Action Committee (SkinPAC)
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Dermatology Advocacy Network
- Florida Medical Association (FMA)
- Florida Medical Association Political Action Committee
- Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery (FSDDS)
- Florida Society of Dermatologic Surgery (FSDS)
- Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS)
- Collier County Medical Society (CCMS)
- Duke University Alumni Association (DUAA)
- Duke University Alumni Interview Committee
- University of South Florida College Of Medicine Alumni Association (USFCOMAA)
- National Association of Professional Women